Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reading is a rendezvous with your soul.

30 Day Blogging Challenge
Day twelve

Your favourite childhood book

Reading and books have always been huge in my family. From as early as I can remember we've always had a library in our home. No matter where we've been I remember there being a library of some sort. I'm not exaggerating either our last family home had a granny flat out back, it didn't house our gran but it was a pretty impressive library and get away for my Dad. My Dad LOVES his books and he passed that love on to my sister and I too.

I don't remember which kids books I loved but when I was old enough to read my self and throughout my early teen years I absolutely adored The Babysitters Club collection. I still have my whole collection, which isn't complete, and plan to pass it on to my daughter who will hopefully love it as much as I do.
I think it lead me towards my first job in early childhood education.



I may not remember my own favourite childhood book but I certainly have one now. Room on the broom by Julia Donaldson. It is super fun and the kids love to read along and act it out as we go.


I also happen to be a huge fan of the works of Dr Seuss with 'oh, the places you'll go' being my favourite.



I'm a huge advocate for reading to children, not just providing them with books but actually sitting with them and reading to them. Everything from the Sunday paper to the yellow pages will help their little minds grow.

What are some of your favourite children's stories?

Skye



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment