Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Who am I?

30 Day Blogging Challenge, Day 1

Your Blog Name...

An easy one to start the challenge with.

Living while Renting kept swirling in my head over a period of a couple of weeks. I'm sure it was around an inspection day as I usually get really anti renting when I have to prepare my home to be inspected.
It wasn't only the inspection though. I was simply getting sick of having my life on hold. I had this mentality that I shouldn't spend money on the house be it new furniture or plants for the garden because we rented and when we finally, one day, found ourselves in our own home we'd lose the money we spent on plants - those buggers don't come cheap - and whatever furniture we have accumulated may not fit in the new house.

It seems silly thinking about it now but it's how I thought for a long while. In my mind any spare money we managed to come across I figured should go directly to savings or paying off debt.

So one day I found myself in a particular cranky mood and I thought 'I can't be the only renter in the world and I can't be the only one who feels like this' and since I enjoy writing I figured I'd start a blog and if I managed to help just one person, or even just put a smile on someone's face with my odd ramblings then I'd be happy.

Since our recent holiday our personal goals have changed. With our dream now to be in the UK we won't be buying or building anymore furniture as we'll be selling everything when we move. Despite this we still rent and we still want a life while we work towards our dream so I'm going to continue to try and bring decorating ideas, DIY projects and family activities for a small budget to my fellow renters and others on a budget.

Skye


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment