Saturday, November 15, 2014

Gift Guide Day 8

Like my own family I know a lot of people have fur babies who are just as much a part of their family as the humans who grace their gift list therefore I had to add a gift for our furry friends to the DIY Budget Friendly Gift guide.

Basic Dog Biscuits.



They may be basic but my kelpie was licking her chops waiting for these.

You'll need the following:
1 cup of self raising flour
1/4 cup of oats
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp oil - I used coconut oil
1 tbsp applesauce - I put in two.



Simply mix all the ingredients together then turn out on to a lightly floured surface. Roll out and cut out shapes of your choice.



I had no bone shape cookie cutter so I made circles and stars and with the last little bit of dough I attempted to make a big bone....it kind of worked.



Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown at 150c.

Store them in an airtight container. Add a ribbon and gift to your favourite furry friend.



Mine didn't last long enough to be prettied up with ribbon but they were very well received. You can see my kelpie Kate licking her lips in anticipation waiting for me to take her photo.



All up this gift probably came in under $4 with plenty of ingredients left to make more batches. Don't forget that although the gifts in this series are budget friendly they are not cheap. They are made with love and warm wishes.

Enjoy your baking
Skye


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment