Saturday, July 5, 2014

Lights, Camera, Action!

30 Day Blogging Challenge
Day nineteen

Your favourite movie

Here we go again. As with colours, songs, foods, tv shows and much much more I cannot choose just one film that I love more than the others.

I have movies that I have seen, at the cinema, more than once. In fact in the case of Titanic I saw it seven times! Outrageous I know but somehow it happened. I went with school, my parents, friends on a weekend - I think I did this twice, then I think my sister took me and the other two times are a blur but somehow I saw that film seven times at the cinema.

Twister I saw twice.

Lord of the Rings, all three, if you count each marathon I've attended comes pretty close to joining Titanic. It might in fact pass it.

We're getting off topic though. My favourites, movies which I watch over and over through out the year, include...

Home Alone. Absolutely love this film. The location, the fact that it snows oh and it's a Christmas flick. I watch this film at least three times a year....before December. Come Christmas time it's probably around twice a week.



Beaches. I'm not sure how old I was when I first saw this film but I remember loving it immediately. The lifelong friendship between C.C and Hillary just drew me in. I loved that they changed, their friendship changed, they had their ups and downs but in the end they were still there together. I'm a big softy like that.
The soundtrack was pretty awesome too. To this day anytime I hear 'Wind beneath my wings' I tear up.



Willow. I loved this movie so much that when Santa bought me a baby doll for Christmas when I was ten years old I named it Elora. The thing about this movie is it's also what made me see that The Husband - you read about him yesterday - was my other half. I've never met another person who loves this film until him. We also gave our daughter the name Elora, it's her middle name.



Dirty Dancing. I loved this movie for a long time but it holds sentimental value to me now. I watched this at summer camp with a group of fellow counsellors, some seeing it for the first time, and since then it's brought back happy memories. The dancing is great, the soundtrack spectacular, Mr Swayze is mighty fine too and with lines like "I carried a watermelon!" It shouldn't be missed.



Other films I watch repeatedly include:

The Harry Potter Collection
Robin Hood Prince of thieves - mainly thanks to The Husbands love of it.
Mulan - my daughters as Disney obsessed as I am, it's great!
Speed
Pirates of the Caribbean
Behind enemy lines
Under siege
Die Hard 1, 2 and 3 - 4 is ok too and the most recent was alright.
Stigmata - I haven't watched it in a while but I went through a phase where I hired it every weekend to watch.

Ok so this list could go on for a while. What I've listed should give you a little bit more of an insight into who I am.


Skye



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment