Friday, July 4, 2014

Not Another Selfie

30 Day Blogging Challenge
Day eighteen

A photo of yourself.

I spent all of yesterday going through photographs trying to decide which one to share with you.

If you read my home made face mask post then you've already seen me so I wasn't worried about finding the perfect photo of myself to introduce you all to me.

I was thinking things like:

"Do I pick one of me as a child?"

"Do I pick one from before I had kids when I thought I was huge but now realise I had an awesome body?"

"Do I pick a 'selfie' or go for professional?"

In the end I kept coming back to one photograph. It is a professional shot but that's not why I picked it. Technically it's also pre children - I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my first in this shot not that you can see that - but again that isn't why I picked it.

I don't even really like how I look in it but I love who is in it with me and it's almost symbolic in the way that it's posed.

That is my Husband, my best friend, my other half, my soul mate. He is my strength and I cannot imagine life with out him.

He makes me laugh and he makes me cry; sometimes at the same time. He supports me in everything I want to do no matter how outlandish it sounds. He loves our children with all of his soul and he encourages their whacky personalities - they get that from him!

He's not perfect but he's imperfectly perfect for me.

Of course all you get to see here is the back of his head back when he had a Mohawk but that's not important after all it's meant to be a photograph of me. Thing is, I'm not me unless I have him!



Skye

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment