Friday, July 11, 2014

No Regrets

30 Day Blogging Challenge
Day twenty five

Your biggest regret

Since meeting The Husband I have become a firm believer of the saying "I can't regret the past as it's got me to where I am today".
Sure I could name a dozen things right now that I could bring myself to regret but even changing just one of them may mean that I never met my other half, never had my children and despite the hard times we have faced and no doubt will face I cannot imagine my life any other way.

So I don't regret the fact that I have been married once before, I don't like to think about it - makes me shiver and cringe - but I don't regret it. It helped me grow as a person, helped me understand myself better.

I don't regret not studying harder at school. Sure I have days where I feel down right stupid but well I can use the baby brain excuse for another 6 months and by then I'll be studying again and besides sometimes it's better to not know so much.

I don't regret not saving more money. If my financial situation had been any different I may have made different choices that would have led me away from my current life. We're working on the financial situation now together.

I have this tattoo on my lower back that reads 'Kismet'. It means meant to be. I may not have enjoyed every moment of my life up until now but it was all meant to be. It all helped me grow and understand myself, helped me understand others better. So I can't have regrets I prefer to call them life lessons.



Skye


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment